Monday 11 February 2013

Not just for Nanna's

So, I know that I said this blog would be all about my adventures with sewing, but on a recent hiatus when my machine was at the Doctors, I found myself with ridiculous amounts of creative energy and wanting to make something. So I learnt to knit. With the help of Craftsy, I undertook the 'Knit Lab' class (highly recommended if you've never picked up knitting needles in your life) with Stefanie Japel

I am officially converted.

 And so here it is, my first ever knitting project, complete! It's a free pattern called 'It's a cinch' which you can find here on Ravelry (if you're already on there, add me!! I love making friends!!) and it really is, incredibly idiot proof. I highly recommend it as a beginner pattern. It was such a pleasure to see a great result after a nice, small project, highly satisfying.





And because I can, I made one in red, cos.. well.. it goes faster.

And just to prove that knitting isn't just for Nanna's, check out this AMAZING video clip from New Zealand punk band Steriogram. You can thank me later...


Steriogram - Walkie Talkie Man


No comments:

Post a Comment